Your SU Welfare FAQs

Your SU wants you to be healthy and happy throughout your studies. If your question isn't answered here you can call into the SU Front Desk or e-mail for help.

Your Students’ Union cares about your Welfare- so much so we have a student Officer (Ciarán) dedicated to it. But what do we mean when we say ‘Welfare’. Basically, it’s your health and all that affects it. Your physical, mental and sexual health all impact your college experience. We want to put you in touch with whatever supports or information you need to be happy and healthy.
Ciarán is your Welfare Officer and part of her role is to be available to talk with you. Sometimes you might just want to talk to someone who has recently been a student and understands where you are at. Ciarán can do that and inform you of any supports that might be of use to you.
Maynooth University has many supports available to its students. These include the Medical Centre, Counselling and Chaplaincy Services. You can drop straight in to the Student Services building or you can pop into the Union first for a referral.
First of all- you are not alone. Many students have difficulty adjusting to college life. Drop into us here in the SU and have a chat with one of the student Officers. They can relate to exactly what you are going through and can tell you about the different opportunities and services available to you on campus.