The Student Senate may also have as many other committees as it deems necessary to assist the conduct of its business, set out in Schedule 3.
The Student Senate also has the following committees, namely:
- Levy Projects Committee
- Commercial Activities Feedback Committee
- Facilities & Services Feedback Committee
- Entertainments Committee
- Each Committee shall appoint from one of its number no later than at its second meeting a Deputy Chairperson. The Deputy Chairperson shall act if the Chairperson is temporarily incapacitated and shall not receive any renumeration.
- A Secretary shall be appointed by each Committee to provide such technical and administrative supports as it may determine.
- Each Committee shall appoint from one of its number no later than at its second meeting a Vice-Secretary. The Vice-Secretary shall act if the Secretary is temporarily incapacitated and shall not receive any renumeration.
- Staff of the Union may, at the invitation of a Committee, attend for all or part of a meeting of the Committee. In additional external independent experts may be asked by a Committee to attend all or part of a Committee meeting.
- Any member of a Committee shall be deemed to have resigned if they fail to attend two consecutive meetings of the Committee, without submission of their apologies in advance of the meeting to the Secretary.
- The member in question may be reinstated on appeal by agreement of the Speaker of the Student Senate and the President, where such absence is caused by justifiable circumstances which have been explained to and accepted by the Speaker of the Student Senate and the President.
- Except where otherwise explicitly stated, each Committee shall report back to the Student Senate after each meeting and at least once per semester.
- Quorum for each committees shall be no less than 50% of those entitled to attend and vote
- Decisions shall be made by consensus in the first instance, but where necessary may be made by a simple majority vote of a quorate meeting.